Connectionists: Postdoctoral Fellow and Investigator Positions, OIST

Kenji Doya doya at irp.oist.jp
Mon Nov 7 13:37:42 EST 2005

We are building a new graduate institute in Okinawa, a southern
island known for its beautiful ocean and rich traditional culture.

We are seeking postdocs and junior faculty who are interested
in interdisciplinary research and starting up a totally new university.

My group is working on reinforcement learning and Bayesian
algorithms, rodent experiments on decision and neuromodulation,
and 'cyber rodent' experiments on learning and evolution.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by the
following.

Best wishes,
Kenji Doya

****
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
Postdoctoral Fellows & Investigators

The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, a new International
Graduate University in Okinawa, has established a Research Initiative
with a number of Research Groups.

We are seeking postdoctoral fellows in the areas of Molecular Cell
Biology, Molecular Cellular Neuroscience, Computational and
Experimental Neurobiology to join the following groups:
   Neural Computation: Dr. K. Doya
   Experimental studies of Learning and Memory: Dr. S. Endo
   G0-cell: Yeast Cell Cycle: Dr. M. Yanagida
   Molecular Neuroscience: Dr. S. Brenner, Dr. I. Maruyama, Dr. T. Naito

In addition, we have several openings for investigators with
independent research projects in these areas.

Applicants for Postdoctoral fellowships should send their CV's,
a description of their area of research interest, and the names of
two references.

Applicants for Investigator positions should, in addition, provide
a brief outline (1000 words) of the research that they would like to
carry out and the resources required for it. Successful candidates
will be invited to present more detailed proposals.

The research groups are at present housed in well-equipped
temporary laboratories and a major construction program for
the new University is underway.

Post doctoral fellows will be appointed for two years in the first
instance with the possibility of renewal. Investigators will receive
renewable 5-year appointment as well as the resources required
for their research.

Further details about the Institute can be viewed on our website
(www.oist.jp) which also has the last research report.

Please send your resumes by e-mail, fax, or postal mail to:
Human Resources Department
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
12-22 Suzaki, Uruma-shi, Okinawa 904-2234, Japan.
e-mail: careers at irp.oist.jp
fax: +81-98-934-844

----
Kenji Doya <doya at irp.oist.jp>
Initial Research Project, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
12-22 Suzaki, Uruma, Okinawa 904-2234, Japan
Phone:+81-98-921-3843; Fax:+81-98-921-3873
http://www.irp.oist.jp/nc