No subject

Palmer-Brown, Dominic [IES] D.Palmer-Brown at lmu.ac.uk
Mon Nov 24 10:29:34 EST 2003

Dear Connectionists,

I would be grateful if you would circulate the following information
to potential postgraduates.

PhD Research Bursary in Neurocomputing.

Within the School of Computing at Leeds Metropolitan University we are
investigating neural network algorithms for adaptive function networks
applied to data analysis and natural language processing. The project is
likely to involve collaboration with psychologists and environmental
scientists, in addition to computer scientists. The ideal candidate would
possess a Masters or very good Bachelors degree in a discipline that
includes a significant level of computing, and would be able to demonstrate
a keen interest in neural networks, cognitive science, and programming,
together with the determination to successfully complete three years of PhD
study. The bursary is worth =A39000 in the first year, in addition to EU/Home
fees.

The formal advert is on jobs.ac.uk at http://jobs.ac.uk/jobfiles/PI512.html
<http://jobs.ac.uk/jobfiles/PI512.html>  and it includes details of how to
apply. I'm happy to respond to any informal enquiries.

Best wishes,
Dominic

Dominic Palmer-Brown PhD

d.palmer-brown at lmu.ac.uk <mailto:d.palmer-brown at lmu.ac.uk> ,
d.palmer-brown at leedsmet.ac.uk <mailto:d.palmer-brown at leedsmet.ac.uk>

+44 (0)113 2837594

Professor of Neurocomputing
Leader of the Computational Intelligence Research Group
http://www.lmu.ac.uk/ies/comp/research/cig/

School of Computing
Faculty of Informatics and Creative Technologies
Leeds Metropolitan University