Machine Learning Summer School, February 2-14, 2003, ANU in Canberra

Alex Smola smola at axiom.anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 10 09:19:58 EST 2003

We would like to inform you that The Australian National University will
be hosting a Machine Learning Summer School.

The Summer School is intended for students and researchers alike, who
are interested in Machine Learning. Its goal is to present some of the
topics which are at the core of modern Learning Theory. The school will
be held in the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
between the 2nd and the 14th of February, 2003. During this time, we
shall present three courses of 6 hours, each one covering one of the
topics listed below. In addition, there will be special lectures which
may focus on additional topics and which will provide background
knowledge in machine learning and statistics. Our aim is to cover much
of the spectrum of Machine Learning, from theory to practice.

Courses:

Information Geometry (Shun-Ichi Amari, RIKEN)
Concentration Inequalities (Gabor Lugosi, Pompeu Fabra University)
Unsupervised Learning (Zoubin Ghahramani, University College London)

Short Courses:

Eleazar Eskin, Hebrew University
Peter Hall, Australian National Univesity
Markus Hegland, Australian National University
John Lloyd, RSISE, Australian National University
Shahar Mendelson, RSISE, Australian National University
Mike Osborne, MSI, Australian National University
Gunnar Rtsch, RSISE, Australian National University
Alex Smola, RSISE, Australian National University
S.V.N. Vishwanathan, NICTA
Bob Williamson, RSISE, Australian National University

Upon request, attendants of the summer school are eligible to receive a
Graduate Course Award of the ANU. For further details on obtaining the
course award, please contact Michelle.Moravec at anu.edu.au before the
commencement of the summer school.

The registration cost of the school is $1600 per person for participants
from industry and $600 per person for academics. Students are eligible
for a further discount and may register for $200 per person. All prices
are in Australian dollars and include GST.

For further information (including registration form), visit our website
at <http://mlg.anu.edu.au/summer2003> or send email to
Michelle.Moravec at anu.edu.au.

Regards,

Alex Smola and Gunnar Raetsch

                                     ''~``
                                    ( o o )
| Alexander J. Smola                           http://mlg.anu.edu.au/~smola |
| Australian National University               Alex.Smola at anu.edu.au        |
| Research School for Information              Tel: (+61) 2 6125-8652       |
| Sciences and Engineering       .oooO         Fax: (+61) 2 6125-8651       |
| Canberra, ACT 0200 (#00120C)   (   )   Oooo. Cel: (+61) 410 457 686       |
                                         (_/