FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR GRADUATE WORK IN MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTATIONAL MODELING (fwd)

Richard Golden golden at utdallas.edu
Tue Oct 31 13:03:37 EST 2000

Students interested in pursuing state-of-the-art graduate research in
Mathematical and Computational Modeling are encouraged to apply to the
Cognition and Neuroscience Doctoral Program in the School of Human
Development at the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD).

Our School consists of 39 active faculty members whose research
interests span areas in neural, perceptual, and cognitive processes
througout the lifespan from young infants to adults and onwards into old
age. We sincerely hope that you will inform students about the outstanding
opportunities for graduate study at UTD. Our faculty have distinguished
themselves at the world-class level in the following areas in
mathematical and computational modeling.

* MODELS OF FACE PERCEPTION AND COGNITION (Abdi, O'Toole)
* SPEECH PERCEPTION MODELS (Assmann)
* COCHLEAR IMPLANT MODELS (Tobey)
* CABLE EQUATION MODELS OF NEURAL CIRCUITRY USING "GENESIS" (Cauller)
* PROBABILISTIC AND CONNECTIONIST LANGUAGE MODELS (Golden)
* MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETS (Abdi,Golden)
* ADVANCED STATISTICAL DATA ANALYSIS METHODS (Abdi, Golden, Rollins)

Assistantships and support for conference travel are available to
qualified students on a competitive basis. For more information regarding
our doctoral program in this area please see our web site located
at: www.utdallas.edu/dept/hd/ or contact me (golden at utdallas.edu) for
additional information regarding our program. Application materials
are available online (www.utdallas.edu/dept/graddean/forms/gradapp.html).

AREA FACULTY:
Herve Abdi, Ph.D., University of Aix-en-Provence 1980
(www.utdallas.edu/~herve)
Peter Assmann, Ph.D., University of Alberta 1985
(www.utdallas.edu/~assmann)
Larry Cauller, Ph.D., Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
(www.utdallas.edu/~lcauller)
Richard M. Golden, Ph.D., Brown University 1987
(www.utdallas.edu/~golden)
Alice O'Toole, Ph.D., Brown University 1988 (www.utdallas.edu/~otoole)
Pamela Rollins, Ph.D., Harvard Graduate School of Education 1994
(www.callier.utdallas.edu)
Emily Tobey, Ph.D., City University of New York 1981
(www.callier.utdallas.edu)