ESANN 2001- Special Session on ANNs for web computing

Marco Maggini maggini at dii.unisi.it
Tue Oct 3 11:52:44 EDT 2000

   |                    ESANN'2001                    |
   |              9th European Symposium              |
   |           on Artificial Neural Networks          |
   |      Bruges (Belgium) - April 25-26-27, 2001     |
   |               Special session on                 |
   |   Artificial neural networks for Web computing   |
   |                 Call for papers                  |

The  Internet represents a new challenging field for the
application of  machine learning techniques to devise systems
which improve the accessibility  to the information available
on the web. This domain is particular appealing since it is
easy to collect large amounts of data to be used as training
sets while it is usually difficult to write manually sets of
rules that solve interesting tasks. The aim of this special
session is to present the state of the art in the field of
connectionist systems applied to web computing. The possible
fields for applications involve distributed information
retrieval issues like the design of thematic search engines,
user modeling algorithms for the personalization of services to
access information on the web, automatic security management,
design and improvement of web servers through prediction of
request patterns, and so on.

In particular the suggested topics are:

 - Personalization of  the access to information on the web
 - Recommender systems on the web
 - Crawling policies for search engines - Focussed crawlers
 - Analysis and prediction of requests to web servers
 - Intelligent chaching and proxies
 - Security issues (e.g. intrusion detection)

For the submission refer to the instruction for authors available
on the web site of the conference

http://www.dice.ucl.ac.be/esann

Please note that contributions are to be sent to the address
specified in the call for papers and not directly to me. Anyway
you must specify the title of this special session in the
accompanying letter. I would appreciate also if you could send
me an e-mail to announce your submission. Contributions are
submitted to a review process and will be rated according to
their scientific value.

Deadlines
---------
Submission of papers            December 8, 2000
Notification of acceptance      February 5, 2001

Contacts
--------

Session Organizer:

     Marco Maggini
     Dipartimento di Ingeneria dell'Informazione
     Universit di Siena
     Via Roma 56
     I-53100 Siena (Italy)
     e-mail: maggini at dii.unisi.it

Conference secretariat:

       Michel Verleysen
       D facto conference services       phone: + 32 2 420 37 57
       27 rue du Laekenveld              Fax: + 32 2 420 02 55
       B - 1080 Brussels (Belgium)       E-mail: esann at dice.ucl.ac.be