Final Call for Abstracts, 1998 Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing (fwd)

David L Dowe dld at cs.monash.edu.au
Mon Oct 6 10:39:23 EDT 1997

> From news at nlm.nih.gov Tue Oct  7 00:34:25 1997
> To: bionet-announce at net.bio.net
> From:            <      @nlm.nih.gov>
> Newsgroups: bionet.announce,bionet.biology.computational,
              bionet.molbio.proteins,news.announce.conferences
> Subject: Final Call for Abstracts, 1998 Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing

			     CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

		     Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing
		 Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii -- January 4-9, 1998

			http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/psb

The Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing (PSB) is soliciting the submission of
abstracts for poster presentation and computer demonstrations.  Abstracts
may report on research results in any aspect of computational biology.  PSB
is a forum for the presentation of research in databases, algorithms,
interfaces, visualization, modeling and other computational methods, as
applied to biological problems, with emphasis on applications in data-rich
areas of molecular biology.  For more information on the program of PSB, see
our web site, which contains the full list of peer reviewed papers being
presented this year and the topical sessions into which the conference is
organized.

Abstracts MUST be submitted electronically by November 1st to Russ Altman
(russ.altman at stanford.edu).  Hardcopy abstracts will not be accepted.
Abstracts must be in ASCII format with header information in the following
order: Title, Authors, Institution, Mailing Address, Email Addresses, body
of abstract.  The abstracts should be no longer than 500 words, including
header information.  There can be no figures in abstracts.

Workstations and internet connections will be available for demonstrations,
in addition to space in poster presentation sessions.  Please submit
detailed requests for demonstration facilities along with your abstract.

Remember, the FINAL DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 1.

We look forward to seeing you in Hawaii!

--
               , PhD.
National Library of Medicine               phone: +1 (301) 496-9303