Two books

S.W.Ellacott@bton.ac.uk S.W.Ellacott at bton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 06:36:29 EDT 1997

Dear connectionists
I hope this is within the spirit of the list and does not constitute
just advertising! If it is, I'm sure the moderators will inform me:-)

I would like to draw your attention to two recent books.

The first is

Mathematics of Neural Networks: Models, Algorthms and Applcations
Eds. ELLACOTT, S.W., MASON, J.C. and ANDERSON I.J.
Boston: Kluwer Academic Press 1997. ISBN 0-7923-9933-1

This is the proceedings of the 1995 MANNA conference now published in book
form. There are invited contributions from Allinson, Amari, Cybenko,
Grossberg, Hirsch, and Taylor, together with 63 submitted contributions
from mathematicinas working in the field including many prominent
researchers. Overall the book provides an essential snapshot of mathematical
research in neural networks.

The second book has been out about a year, but not reported here before.

Neural Networks: Deterministic Methods of Analysis
ELLACOTT, S.W. and BOSE, D
Thomson International Publishers 1996

This is a comprehensive expository text at final year undergraduate level for
mathematicians or postgraduate for other disciplines. It collects together
the mathematical fundamentals and relevant results from linear algebra,
optimization, dynamical systems and approximation theory as applied to neural
networks.

Steve Ellacott

--
Steve Ellacott, School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences,
University of Brighton, Moulsecoomb, BN2 4GJ, UK