Special Invited Session on Neural Networks, SCI'98

sylee sylee at eekaist.kaist.ac.kr
Tue Dec 9 04:06:49 EST 1997

I had been asked to organize a Special Invited Session on
Neural Networks at the World Multiconference on Systemics,
Cybernetics, and Informatics (SCI'98) to be held on July
12-16, 1998, at Orlando, Florida, US. The SCI is an truly
multi-disciplinary conference, where researchers come from
many different disciplines. I believe this multi-disciplinary nature
is quite unique and is helpful to neural networks researchers.
We all know that neural networks are interdisciplinary researchers,
and will be able to contribute to many different applications.

You are cordially invited to present your valuable researches at
SCI'98 and enjoy interesting discussion with researchers from
different disciplines. If interested, please inform me of your
intention by an e-mail. I need fix the author(s) and paper titles
by January 10th, 1998. A brief introductory remark is attached
for the SCI'98, and more may be found at http://www.iiis.org.

Best regards,

Prof. Soo-Young Lee
Computation and Neural Systems Laboratory
Department of Electrical Engineering
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
373-1 Kusong-dong, Yusong-gu
Taejon 305-701
Korea (South)
Tel: +82-42-869-3431
Fax: +82-42-869-8570
E-mail: sylee at ee.kaist.ac.kr
                          SCI'98

The purpose of the Conference is to bring together university
professors, Corporate Leaders, Academic and Professional Leaders,
consultants, scientists and engineers, theoreticians and practitioners,
all
over the world to discuss themes of the conference and to participate
with original ideas or innovations, knowledge or experience, theories
or methodologies, in the areas of Systemics, Cybernetics and
Informatics (SCI). Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI) are
being increasingly related to each other and to almost every scientific
discipline and human activity.

Their common transdisciplinarity characterizes and communicates
them, generating strong relations among them and with other
disciplines. They interpenetrate each other integrating a whole that is
permeating human thinking and practice. This phenomenon induced the
Organization Committee to structure SCI'98 as a multiconference
where participants may focus on an area, or on a discipline, while
maintaining open the possibility of attending conferences from other
areas or disciplines. This systemic approach stimulates
cross-fertilization among different disciplines, inspiring scholars,
generating analogies and provoking innovations; which, after all, is one
of the very basic principles of the systems movement and a
fundamental aim in cybernetics.