de Garis PerAc Report

Jack Cowan cowan at synapse.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 4 12:46:47 EDT 1994

I'd like to second John Taylor's request. I was really surprised to
read the report in question.  In my opinion personal comments of such
a nature should not be transmitted through the connectionist or any
other public mailings.

Jack Cowan

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

   I don't edit submissions to CONNECTIONISTS for style or detailed
content; I only check to make sure they're relevant to the list and contain
at least some technical material of value.  In the case of de Garis'
conference reports, he (and I) have now been suitably warned by the
readership about what constitutes acceptable material for this list.  Any
further discussion of the de Garis article should probably take place via
private email.

   If people would like to submit alternative accounts of the PerAc
conference, I would be hapy to receive them.

  -- Dave Touretzky, CONNECTIONISTS moderator