postdoctoral fellowship opportunity for women and minorities

Ken Miller ken at phy.ucsf.edu
Mon Sep 27 06:13:58 EDT 1993

The University of California annually awards 20 or more postdoctoral
fellowships to women and minorities under the "President's
Postdoctoral Fellowship Program".  Fellowships are awarded to work
with a faculty member at any of the nine UC campuses or at one of the
three national laboratories associated with UC (Lawrence Berkeley,
Lawrence Livermore, and Los Alamos).  Fellowships pay $26-27,000/year,
plus health benefits and $4000/year for research and travel.
Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United
States, and should anticipate completion of their Ph.D.'s by July 1,
1994.  For this year's competition, DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS
DECEMBER 14, 1993.

There are many of us who work in computational neuroscience or
connectionism in the UC system or the national labs.  I would
encourage anyone eligible to make use of this opportunity to obtain
funding to work with one of us.  In particular, I encourage anyone
interested in computational neuroscience to contact me to further
discuss my own research program and the research opportunities in
computational and systems neuroscience at UCSF.

To receive a fellowship application and further information, contact:

	President's Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
	Office of the President
	University of California
	300 Lakeside Drive, 18th Floor
	Oakland, CA 94612-3550
	Phone: 510-987-9500 or 987-9503

Ken Miller

        Kenneth D. Miller               telephone: (415) 476-8217
        Dept. of Physiology		internet: ken at phy.ucsf.edu
        University of California,       fax: (415) 476-4929
                   San Francisco
        513 Parnassus
        San Francisco, CA 94143-0444
        [Office: S-859]