Assistant Professor opening

Robbie Jacobs robbie at prodigal.psych.rochester.edu
Wed Oct 13 14:19:02 EDT 1993

Dear Colleague:

The attached advertisement describes an Assistant Professor
position for a Behavioral Neuroscientist in the Department
of Psychology at the University of Rochester.  It is anticipated
that this position will be available July 1, 1994 or 1995.
We hope to attract a scientist who will interact productively
with existing faculty whose research interests are in developmental
psychobiology and/or learning and memory.  Also, the candidate
would be part of a university-wide community of over 60
neuroscientists contributing to inter-departmental graduate
and undergraduate programs in neuroscience.

I would appreciate if you could bring this position to the
attention of suitable candidates.

				Sincerely,

				Ernie Nordeen
				Associate Professor of Psychology
				   and of Neurobiology & Anatomy

BEHAVIORAL NEUROSCIENTIST.  The Department of Psychology at
the University of Rochester anticipates an Assistant Professor
position in neuroscience.  We are particularly interested in
persons investigating relationships between brain and behavioral
plasticity at the level of neural systems.  Individuals whose
research emphasizes either i) neural mechanisms of learning and
memory, or ii) development/reorganization in perceptual or motor
systems are especially encouraged to apply, but persons interested
in related areas of behavioral neuroscience will also be considered.
The successful candidate is expected to develop an active research
program, and participate in teaching within graduate and undergraduate
programs in neuroscience.   Applicants should submit curriculum vitae,
a brief statement of research interests, and three letters of reference
by 1 February 1994 to: Chair, Biopsychology Search Committee,
Dept. of Psychology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 14627.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.