position

Colleen Seifert seifert at psych.lsa.umich.edu
Mon Oct 11 11:53:17 EDT 1993

Position in Cognitive Psychology
University of Michigan

The University of Michigan Department of Psychology invites applications for a
tenure-track position in the area of Cognition, beginning September 1, 1994. The
appointment will most likely be made at the Assistant Professor level, but
it may be possible at other ranks.  We seek candidates with primary interests
and technical skills in cognitive psychology.  Our primary goal is to hire an
outstanding cognitive psychologist, and thus we will look at candidates
with any specific research interest.  We have a preference for candidates
interested in higher mental processes or for candidates with computational
modeling skills (including connectionism) or an interest in cognitive
neuroscience.
Responsibilities include graduate and undergraduate teaching, as well as
research and research supervision.  Send curriculum vitae, letters of
reference,copies of recent publications, and a statement of research and
teaching
interests no later than January 7, 1994 to:  Gary Olson, Chair, Cognitive
Processes Search Committee, Department of
Psychology, University of Michigan,
330 Packard Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan  48104.  The University of Michigan is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.