No subject

John Lazzaro lazzaro at boom.CS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jan 14 16:25:14 EST 1992

An announcement of a NIPS-4 preprint on the neuroprose server ...

	     Temporal Adaptation in a Silicon Auditory Nerve

	 	John Lazzaro, CS Division, UC Berkeley

				Abstract
				--------

	Many auditory theorists consider the temporal adaptation of the
	auditory nerve a key aspect of speech coding in the auditory
	periphery.  Experiments with models of auditory localization and pitch
	perception also suggest temporal adaptation is an important element of
	practical auditory processing. I have designed, fabricated, and
	successfully tested an analog integrated circuit that models many
	aspects of auditory nerve response, including temporal adaptation.

-----

To retrieve ...

>ftp cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu
>Name (cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu:lazzaro): anonymous
>331 Guest login ok, send ident as password.
>Password: your_username
>230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
>cd pub/neuroprose
>binary
>get lazzaro.audnerve.ps.Z
>quit