request positions for practical work

MURRE%HLERUL55.BITNET@VMA.CC.CMU.EDU MURRE%HLERUL55.BITNET at VMA.CC.CMU.EDU
Tue May 22 12:29:00 EDT 1990

Request for positions for practical work in connectionist modelling

We have several good students who are interested in periods of practical
work abroad (i.e., outside the Netherlands). These periods are usually
three to six months, and the student is expected to take part in some
ongoing research project. Most students are in their final year (close
to getting their drs. degree, comparable to a USA master's degree) in
experimental psychology, and they are particularly interested in
connectionist modelling of cognitive processes. All of them have
followed at least one intensive course in connectionism, and they are
all experienced with psychological experiments. The practical work could
be in the area of modelling or experimentation.

The students are expected to provide their own financing (travel,
housing, etc.), but they are not supposed to pay tuition.

If you consider having one of the students of our connectionist group
for practical work, please, write me or send an E-mail to the address
below. If you too have students that want to spend some time abroad we
might think of some sort of exchange.

                                        Jaap M.J. Murre

Jaap M.J. Murre
Leiden University
Unit of Experimental and Theoretical Psychology
P.O. Box 9555
2300 RB Leiden
The Netherlands

tel.: 31-71-273631