Request for references

franklins@memstvx1.memst.edu franklins at memstvx1.memst.edu
Wed Dec 5 11:08:00 EST 1990

 I'm preparing to write two survey reports and would appreciate
references. The first concerns applications of cellular automata to
neural networks and/or their relative computational power. The second
concerns neural computability, that is the neural network version of
classical computability theory. Typical questions: What can neural
networks compute under the most ideal conditions? Are there problems
that are provably neurally unsolvable?

I would greatly appreciate any reference to papers or articles
touching upon these topics. If the response warrants, and if there is
interest, I'll post bibliographies. I'll surely make the reports
available.

Stan Franklin
Math Sciences
Memphis State