Academic Program Info Request

Andrew J. Worth worth at park.bu.edu
Wed Dec 5 11:28:44 EST 1990

ISSNNet Request for Academic Program Information

The International Student  Society for  Neural  Networks (ISSNNet)  is
compiling a list of academic programs relating to Neural Networks from
around the world.  We would like  your input if you  are a member of a
scholastic program that  is in  any  way  related to Neural  Networks,
Parallel    Distributed    Processing,  Connectionism,   Computational
Neuroscience, Neural Modeling, Neural Computing, etc.

We hope to provide this service  so that (1) interested  students will
be  able to  apply  to those  programs that  will most closely satisfy
their educational goals,   and (2) current  students  and non-students
will be aware of existing academic programs.  This service is intended
to not only  provide an overview of  these programs and contact points
for more information, but  also  a personal glimpse into what's behind
the official descriptions.

All information will be made publicly available and will be updated as
new programs are created   and  as  programs change.   Complying  with
ISSNNet's goal to be absolutely unbiased, we would like this to become
THE source of information on academic programs in this field.

ISSNNet would like to provide the following information:

- Official  address to contact for  more information (surface mail and
  email)
- Official description of the program.
- Names of Faculty Members and their interests
- Degrees requirements (BA, BS, MA, MS, PhD, etc.)
- Short description of courses offered
- Computing resources (Hardware and Software Tools)
- Number of Students (grad/undergrad) and related faculty
- A  brief *personal* description  of  the   program, department, etc.
  describing motivation, emphasis, goals, and/or overall ambiance.
- Student Contacts (w/ telephone numbers, email and surface addresses,
  degree sought, interests, and date of graduation)

This information is above and beyond the  academic questionnaires that
were  filled   out at the   San Diego and  Paris  conferences and will
eventually be made available via ftp and also  by other  means through
ISSNNet (your  submission will  be  taken  as  permission to  make the
information public unless we are otherwise notified).

Coordinated responses from each institution are encouraged and will be
appreciated.  Please submit descriptions of academic programs in plain
text (email is preferred) following the guidelines above to:

   issnnet-acad-progs at bucasb.bu.edu

We will  also be able to  re-distribute information in other emailable
formats such as postscript or LaTeX.

Thank you for your time and effort,
                                 Andy.

Andrew J. Worth              (617) 353-6741                    ISSNNet
ISSNNet Academic Program Editor                           P.O. Box 557
issnnet-acad-progs at park.bu.edu                            New Town Br.
worth at park.bu.edu                                Boston, MA 02215  USA