Nettalk phonemes => WaveForms

Russell Leighton russ at dash.mitre.org
Fri Apr 6 09:44:36 EDT 1990

I have recently replicated the Nettalk experiment
(using data from nnbench). Now I would like to
play out the phonemes.

Does anyone have any publicly available software
to map phonemes to waveforms?

Altough the particular format of the wave forms
is not that important the ideal software would
tanslate the phoneme tokens used in the Nettalk
paper to waveforms in the format used in the
sound files on a Sun SparcStation1.

If no one has such software now, I think it
might be useful to develop it for the community
at large, since it allows play back at your
workstation.

Russ

NFSNET: russ at dash.mitre.org

Russell Leighton