a note about etiquette

Dave.Touretzky@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU Dave.Touretzky at B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
Sat Oct 28 05:23:24 EDT 1989

I don't think people pay attention when you tell them not to use Reply.
It's an ingrained habit and it's hard to make them change, although we do
suggest it in the intro message sent to new subscribers.

Some mailers allow users to set defaults controlling whether they reply to
just the sender of a message or to the whole to/cc list.  Some people set
their defaults the "wrong" way.  Other people are just too lazy to double
check the To and Cc lines of their messages before mailing.  These are the
ones especially unlikely to use Mail instead of Reply.  Flaming them
periodically may encourage them to take more care.

Cheers,  -- Dave