a note about etiquette

Luis Borges de Almeida inesc!lba%alf at relay.EU.net
Thu Oct 26 12:37:33 EDT 1989

Dear Dr. Touretzky,

I have just read your "etiquette" message to the CONNECTIONISTS, with
which I fully agree. However, I think that even people who can use
e-mail reasonably well, sometimes don't notice that if they just
'reply' to a message, their reply will normally be sent both to the
list and to the author of the message, causing quite a bit of
undesirable traffic.  Maybe it would be a good idea to explicitly
discourage people from using 'reply', and to tell them to always
address their response directly to the author of the message they
received from the list.

Regards,

Luis B. Almeida