references on predicting time series

Geoffrey Hinton hinton at ai.toronto.edu
Wed Oct 25 10:56:14 EDT 1989

We are interested in neural networks that take as input a sequence of symbols
or a sequence of parameter-vectors and produce as output a prediction of the
next term in the sequence.  The prediction is the form of a probability
distribution over possible symbols or parameter-vectors.

I know that a number of researchers have considered this use of networks.  I
would like to compile a list of good references on this, particularly recent
references.  If you know of such a reference (and you are feeling generous),
please email it to me (not to all connectionists).

geoff