No subject

Ron Sun rsun at cs.brandeis.edu
Tue Feb 7 11:14:34 EST 1989

  I am currently doing research on modeling biological neural networks
according to the accurately identified connectivity patterns found by
biologists. I will appreciate any pointers to the published papers, ongoing
research or just philosophical thoughts on the subject, esp. regarding
the following questions:
  1) which model (existing or to be invented) can best describe real
     neural networks?
  2) what are the criteria for measuring accuracy of a model in terms of
     its emergent behavior and network dynamics?
  3) In which level of abstraction, should wee try to model biological
     neural networks in order to advance our understanding of neural
     networks in general?

  Please send response to rsun%cs.brandeis.edu at relay.cs.net

      Ron Sun
      Brandeis University