Ummm... a request

David Cohn pablo at june.cs.washington.edu
Tue Feb 7 18:59:55 EST 1989

First off, could someone please add me to the mailing list? (Thanks)

With that out of the way:
I'm with the Computer Sci. Dept. at U. Washington. My research interests
are in formal learning theory, specifically how it can be applied to the
study of the capabilities and limitations of neural networks.

Research in our department is rather heavily weighted on the computational
complexity side of the problem with relatively little interest (other than
myself) on the neural network side.

With the blessings of my advisor, Dr. Richard Ladner, I'm interested in
spending the summer attempting to "cross-pollinate" some ideas in learning
and neural networks. I would like to be able to work with some research
group apart from UW to learn their approaches to the problems and hopefully
contribute some of my own.

Could anyone refer me to some likely targets? I actually have quite a
bit of experience hacking neural networks, but am looking for a research
group studying more theoretical aspects of the problem of neural net
learning. (I can send detailed background, references and c.v. to anyone
interested.)

Thanks,
 David "Pablo" Cohn		(pablo at cs.washington.edu)
 Dept. of Comp. Sci., FR-35
 University of Washington	(206) 543-7798 days
 Seattle, WA 98195