Jordan paper request

James L. McClelland jlm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 31 09:22:16 EDT 1988

Back copies of the Cognitive Science Proceedings are
available for 49.95 from:

Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc. Publsihers
365 Broadway, Hillside, NJ  07642
(201) 767-8450

I presume this includes the 1988 proceedings, though
only earlier proceedings are mentioned in the advertisement
printed on the back of the 1988 proceedings.  In any case
the 1986 proceedings containing the Jordan paper amd lots of
other good stuff is still available.

I might also add that the journal Cognitive Science
(the publication of the Cognitive Science Society)
has a commitment to the exploration of connectionist models.
I am one of the senior editors and the editorial board
includes several prominant connectionists.  I speak for
the journal in saying that we welcome connectionist
research with an interdisiplinary flavor.  There will be
a group of connectionist papers coming out shortly.

If you want to submit, read the instructions for authors
inside the back cover of a recent issue.  If you want
to subscribe, write to

Ablex Publishing,
355 Chestnut St.
Norwood, NJ 07648

or join the society by writing to

Alan Lesgold, Secretary-Treasurer
Learning Research and Development Center
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260

membership is just a bit more than a plain subscription and
gets you announcements about meetings etc as well as the
journal.

-- Jay McClelland