[CMU AI Seminar] Oct 12 at 12pm (Zoom) -- Kashif Rasul (Morgan Stanley) -- Modern Neural Probabilistic Forecasting -- AI Seminar sponsored by Morgan Stanley

Shaojie Bai shaojieb at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Oct 9 12:29:07 EDT 2021

Dear all,

We look forward to seeing you *next Tuesday (10/12)* from *1**2:00-1:00 PM
(U.S. Eastern time)* for the next talk of our *CMU AI seminar*, sponsored
by Morgan Stanley <https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/technology/>.

To learn more about the seminar series or see the future schedule, please
visit the seminar website <http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~aiseminar/>.

On 10/12, *Kashif Rasul* (Morgan Stanley) will be giving a talk on "*Modern
Neural Probabilistic Forecasting*" and some of the interesting projects
that Morgan Stanley's ML research team has been working on.

*Title*:  Modern Neural Probabilistic Forecasting

*Talk Abstract*: In this talk we will introduce the foundations of Neural
Probabilistic Forecasting by reviewing its building blocks as well as some
issues. We will then introduce how probabilistic forecasting works in this
setting and talk about two recent papers which use Normalizing Flows and
Energy-based methods to tackle this problem.

*Speaker Bio*:  Kashif Rasul is a Machine Learning Research scientist
working on deep learning based methods and their applications at Morgan
Stanley.

*Zoom Link*:
https://cmu.zoom.us/j/91578896206?pwd=SVhjS05Nb0FkTllOMzROTElCdUVXdz09
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://cmu.zoom.us/j/91578896206?pwd%3DSVhjS05Nb0FkTllOMzROTElCdUVXdz09&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1634228491812285&usg=AOvVaw2XUhPjMASH1UOInRbqmS9W>