[AI Seminar] AI Seminar sponsored by Apple -- Junjie Hu

Han Zhao han.zhao at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Apr 28 15:45:44 EDT 2019

Dear faculty and students:

We look forward to seeing you next Tuesday*, Apr. 30th*, in the noon *12:
00 PM* at *NSH 3305 *for our AI Seminar sponsored by Apple. To learn more
about the seminar series, please visit the website
<http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~aiseminar/>.
On Tuesday, Junjie Hu will give the following talk:
*Title: **Cross-Lingual and Cross Domain Transfer for Neural Machine
Translation*

*Abstract: *Neural machine translation (NMT) models have achieved
state-of-the-art performance on many popular benchmark datasets for
high-resourced languages (HRL). However, training such deep networks
requires a large amount of parallel sentences, and the translation
performance in low-resourced languages (LRL) falls far behind that of
high-resourced languages. This problem is further exacerbated by domain
mismatch, which is unavoidable on many collected datasets. To remedy this
problem, we apply transfer learning to adapting NMT models across languages
and across domains. In the first part of the talk, we introduce a method of
rapidly adapting NMT models to new languages by continuously training on
data related to the LRL. In the second part, we propose to adapt NMT models
to new domains by generating synthetic data that are closely related to
in-domain data.
--

*Han ZhaoMachine Learning Department*

*School of Computer ScienceCarnegie Mellon UniversityMobile: +1-*
*412-652-4404*

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>