[AI Seminar] AI Seminar sponsored by Apple -- Eric Wong

Han Zhao han.zhao at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Feb 24 20:10:23 EST 2019

Dear faculty and students:

We look forward to seeing you next Tuesday, Feb. 26th, at noon in *NSH
3305 *for our AI Seminar sponsored by Apple. To learn more about the
seminar series,
please visit the website.
On Tuesday, Eric Wong will give the following talk:
*Title: Provable defenses against adversarial attacks: from linear
programming to dual networks*

*Abstract*: In this talk, I will present recent progress on duality-based
certified defenses against adversarial attacks for neural networks. Using
convex relaxations of network architectures, we are able to:
1) provide a certified bound on the worst case adversarial output of a
network over a perturbation region in the input space
2) the bound can be computed as a pass through a "dual network" which has
structure similar to the backwards pass of the original architecture
3) training against this bound learns networks which are provably safe
against any adversarial attack in the given threat model
--

*Han ZhaoMachine Learning Department*

*School of Computer ScienceCarnegie Mellon UniversityMobile: +1-*
*412-652-4404*