[ACT-R-users] ACT-R influencing neuroscience?

Christian Lebiere cl at cmu.edu
Thu May 29 16:11:07 EDT 2014

Bonnie,

I don't know if that quite qualifies as an "explicit influence of ACT-R
modeling on mainstream neuroscience research", but in this paper
(http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/921695) we used ACT-R models as prototypes
for neural (spec. Leabra) models of complex sensemaking tasks (see section
3.2 in particular):

Christian Lebiere, Peter Pirolli, Robert Thomson, et al., ³A Functional
Model of Sensemaking in a Neurocognitive Architecture,² Computational
Intelligence and Neuroscience, vol. 2013, Article ID 921695, 29 pages, 2013.
doi:10.1155/2013/921695

Neural models used ACT-R models as modeling templates (adopting the same
knowledge representation and procedures), explicit teachers (using model
output to train the neural model) and human oracles (using model output to
evaluate the output of the neural model when human data was unavailable).

Christian