[ACT-R-users] Set-similarities.

Laura Hiatt laura.hiatt at nrl.navy.mil
Mon May 12 08:49:05 EDT 2014

We recently modeled similarity between perceptual objects using perceptual similarity (such as the similarity of color RBG values) and activation:

http://mindmodeling.org/cogsci2013/papers/0126/paper0126.pdf

It matches experimental data quite well and was learned over time (at least the BL / spreading activation part was - the perceptual similarity is currently static).  We're still actively working on this - happy to chat about it.

Another paper that might be of use is:

http://www.aaai.org/ocs/index.php/WS/AAAIW11/paper/viewFile/3935/4300

which uses ACT-R in conjunction with Leabra to classify visual objects.

Best,
Laura