[ACT-R-users] cogsci.stackexchange.com

John Boran johnboran2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:26:30 EST 2012

Hi all,

A new site has recently launched that may be of interest to the ACT-R
community: cogsci.stackexchange.com . The site is a free Q&A site for
cognitive scientists of all backgrounds and levels of expertise.

The site is a member of the Stack Exchange network, whose flagship
site, stackoverflow.com, is wildly popular with programmers--
attracting over a million registered users and several million
questions and answers.

The Q&A format from StackOverflow has proven to be very effective,
generating spin-off sites such as stats.stackexchange.com, an
invaluable resource for obtaining advice on statistics and machine
learning (and also useful to ACT-R folk!)

I believe cogsci.stackexchange.com can be an equally valuable resource
for both professional and hobbyist cognitive scientists, but at this
early stage the site needs to attract experts who can both ask and
answer research-caliber questions. If this idea sounds interesting to
you, please consider registering for the site and asking or answering
a question or two-- or simply pass the word on. There have already
been several posts that mention ACT-R.

John

Note: I am not affiliated with StackExchange in any way, other than as
a member of the general community.