[ACT-R-users] Research Scientist Positions in Singapore

-dp- david at wooden-robot.net
Wed Jul 4 22:48:02 EDT 2012

Computational Social Cognition
Research Scientist Positions in Singapore

A*STAR’s Computational Social Cognition research programme is seeking two
PhD scientists in cognitive and/or social psychology, with strong skills in
experimental design and data analysis.

The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore's
national agency for promoting world-class research in science and
technology, sponsors a research programme to study and simulate social
cognition, social perception and social decision-making.

The Computational Social Cognition (CSC) programme is hosted within the
Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC), an A*STAR research
institute that specializes in solving challenging scientific problems using
advanced computational techiques including modelling, simulation, and
visualization.

We are seeking PhDs in cognitive and/or social psychology who have strong
skills in experimental design and data analysis and an interest in
cognitive modeling. We are primarily interested in increasing our strengths
in the areas of intention perception, decision-making and/or cognitive
neuroscience. Primary responsibilities would include experimental design
and data analysis, as well as collaborating with other members of
interdisciplinary project teams on the development of cognitive/AI models.

Interested applicants should send their CV, and contact information for two
references, to Professor Andrew Ortony at csc.ihpc.jobs at gmail.com, with the
subject line "Application for CSC Research Scientist position".

Positions will be for an initial period of two years, with possibility of
renewal based on performance. A*STAR is an equal opportunity employer
valuing diverse cultures and disciplines in our research environment.

Information about CSC: http://cogsys.ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Information about IHPC: http://www.ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Information about A*STAR: http://www.a-star.edu.sg
Information about Singapore: http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg

Please note that funding for the positions is pending approval.