[ACT-R-users] Error with variable binding on LHS

db30 at andrew.cmu.edu db30 at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 16 16:36:56 EST 2009

I just realized that this was also sent to the mailing list so I
figured I should send a follow up.

There was a bug.  I suspect it's a fairly rare set of circumstances
so I don't think it will have affected anyone else, but a fix has
been committed to the subversion archive if you want to get it.

The issue occurred if a chunk-type hierarchy was created and a
subtype explicitly specified slots which already existed in the
parent type.  Thus, something like this:

(chunk-type parent slot1 slot2 slot3)
(chunk-type (child (:include parent)) slot2 slot4)

If a model had such declarations then productions which specified
the parent type in a LHS buffer test and used that duplicate slot
may not have matched properly to a chunk of the subtype in the
buffer.

Dan

--On Friday, November 13, 2009 2:24 PM -0500 "Stu @ AGS TechNet"