[ACT-R-users] Act-r in C++ (UNCLASSIFIED)

"Marc Halbrügge" marc.halbruegge at gmx.de
Thu Jul 2 16:38:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

> Is there any thought, or have there been any discussions, of porting ACT-R
> over to C++?  I know I can see Christian rolling his eyes from here ;-)..
> But I think it would be a useful project for someone.

Calling C++ code from ACT-R is quite easy, here's an example:
http://act-cv.sourceforge.net/

Running ACT-R from within C++ is not that complicated, either. If you're interested, I can put up a source code example for that as well (I don't have that much time for this kind of stuff at the moment, though).

Porting ACT-R itself to C++ would be a hard task, and I don't really see a benefit.

Greetz from Germany
Marc