[ACT-R-users] Act-r in C++ (UNCLASSIFIED)

Richard Samms richard.samms at ieee.org
Thu Jul 2 08:40:47 EDT 2009

Act-r in C++ (UNCLASSIFIED)Actually, the "string" (is that a Java Freudian slip) justification for a rewrite is the "rethink" that occurs in the process.
I have never known of any rewrite that did not result in more efficient, smaller code/executables, and/or the correction of "undocumented features' and bugs.
On the other hand, porting to a new language almost always results in the creation of more horrifying things.

To paraphrase, "I don't know what the language of the future will look like, but it will be called C something or other."