[ACT-R-users] 2009 ACT-R Post Graduate School

John Anderson ja+ at cmu.edu
Tue Sep 2 09:07:03 EDT 2008

Colleagues:

As discussed at this year's ACT-R workshop we are thinking of having
a Post Graduate School next year.   As back in 2001, this would mean
no regular summer school or workshop for 2009.   This message is to
provide the community with our thoughts about the event and request
your input as to the dates.

ICCM is being held next summer in Manchester (July 24-26):

http://web.mac.com/howesa/Site/ICCM_09.html

It will be followed by Cognitive Science in Amsterdam:

http://www.ai.rug.nl/cogsci09/ (July 30 - Aug 1)

Thanks to the cooperation of David Peebles and the other organizers
of ICCM (Andrew Howes, Rick Cooper), we are thinking of having the
post graduate school meetings at a hotel or lodge in the Lake
District:

http://www.visitmanchester.com/Parts4.aspx?ExperienceId=14&PartId=83

The intention of the Post-Graduate school is to take those who are
already well versed in ACT-R and talk about the current developments
and issues in extended meetings.    We would have the discussions led
by various members of the  ACT-R community at large.   We try to make
the discussions extended and the breaks relaxing.

Here is the question:

Logically, we can either have the event the few days before ICCM or
in the few days between ICCM and  Cognitive Science.  Locally, there
are people whose commitments and travel goals make each of these
options preferable.   It is also the case that we might choose to put
an extra day in if it were before ICCM.  We thought it would be
useful to take a poll and see if there is any sense of the community.
Please get back to me if you have a preference or any other
suggestions for the Post Graduate School.

Thanks,
John

John R. Anderson
Carnegie Mellon University