[ACT-R-users] SS-RICS tutorial at BRIMS

Kelley, Troy (Civ,ARL/HRED) tkelley at arl.army.mil
Wed Mar 1 12:41:32 EST 2006

Hello,

I thought the ACT-R community would be interested in this information.

At the BRIMS conference this year in Baltimore (May 15 to May 18) we
will be offering a tutorial on the Symbolic and Sub-symbolic Robotic
Intelligence Control System (SS-RICS).  SS-RICS is a robot control
system based largely on ACT-R but with a few twists.  Most notably we
are using a semantic network with our production system architecture
(ConceptNet from MIT) to give the system declarative memories "right out
of the box".  Additionally, our productions are constrained by a syntax,
this helps to make them more modular and available for reuse.  Finally,
since we are using a syntax with our productions, we are able to apply
Machine Learning Techniques (i.e. Tom Mitchell's techniques) to
productions so that we can generate new productions from existing
productions.

Information about the conference is available here.

http://www.sisostds.org/

Then click the BRIMS button at the lower left.

If you have a laptop with Windows 2000 or later you can run the SS-RICS
software.  The software runs a robot in a simulation mode for testing
the productions.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Troy Kelley
Army Research Laboratory
Human Research and Engineering Directorate
AMSRD-ARL-HR-SE
APG, MD, 21005-5425
voice: 410-278-5859
fax: 410-278-9523