[ACT-R-users] Positive Feedback and Memory strengthening

Markus Eklund markus.eklund at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 01:12:15 EST 2006

Hi,

Given the following scenario,  I am assuming that a declarative memory will
strengthen.  Can anyone point me to some research data that supports (or
does not) support this assumption?

*Scenario:*

   - Instructor states definition;
   - Sometime later, instructor asks student to recall the definition
   (either just recall the definition or use the definition during problem
   solving);
   - Student paraphrases the definition, then asks is this correct?
   - Instructor gives positive feedback that the answer is correct.

BR,

Markus Eklund
MA in Education Student
San Diego State University

--
Good design happens only when designers understand people as well as
technology