[ACT-R-users] intelligent programming tutors.....

John Rehling rehling at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu May 13 14:27:25 EDT 2004

         The advanced placement exam subject language has since moved on
from Pascal to Java (having been C++ for a while). Certainly if a tutor was
constructed for any of these languages, it *could* be done for the others.
LISP and Prolog are both quite different from Pascal, Java, and C++ and
from each other. However, none of those differences would change the answer
to the original question as to whether or not it is *possible* (and it
obviously is). Adapting an existing tutor from Pascal to Java would be
easier than adapting a LISP tutor to Java.