[ACT-R-users] production compilation

Wolfgang Schoppek Wolfgang.Schoppek at uni-bayreuth.de
Wed Jul 23 06:28:53 EDT 2003

I've some questions concerning production compilation.

1. Is it true that "implicit retrievals" (i.e. retrievals stated in
the condition part of a production) prohibit production compilation?
An example:
(p stop-waiting-retrieval-minus
  =goal>
    isa aa-prob
    lt =lt
    op =op
  =op>
    isa operator
    sg minus
    nm =nm
   !eval! (null *retrieval*)
 ==>
  =goal>
    op minus
    nm =nm
   ...)

... will not be merged with the following production because of the
implicit retrieval of =op (?).

2. How can I unpack the content of chunks that are in the goal without
such implicit retrievals? In the above example, I can't simply write:

(p stop-waiting-retrieval-minus
  =goal>
    isa aa-prob
    lt =lt
    op =op
 ==>
  +retrieval>
    isa operator
    sg minus
    nm =nm
  ...)

... because I dont't want to retrieve some operator, but exactly the
one that is bound in the goal (=op).

-- Wolfgang
Dr. Wolfgang Schoppek          Universitaet Bayreuth
 Tel.: +49 921 554140
 http://www.uni-bayreuth.de/departments/psychologie/wolfgang.html