[ACT-R-users] New ACT-R mailing list system

Adam Goode agoode at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 20 10:32:50 EDT 2002

With the impending arrival of the new ACT-R website, I'd like to
introduce the new ACT-R mailing list system.

Previously, the act-r-users list was a manually-kept email alias
list maintained by Christian Lebiere. If you needed a change,
you'd have to contact Christian. If you wanted to view the
archives, you could, but in a limited way.

We've now switched from this static method to a new system, based
on Mailman. You can view a sorted list of archives, change your
own subscription options, and unsubscribe by yourself.
There's also a low-volume, moderated act-r-announce list which
is reserved for the occasional ACT-R announcement.

To begin exploring this new system, I encourage you to start at

By now, everyone should be subscribed to both new lists, and you
should have received 2 welcome messages already. If you wish to change
your options, please start at the address above. There's no need
to bother Christian anymore.

If you have any problems with this new system, please let me know
right away. I hope that it will provide a better forum for
discussion, while being more resistant to spam and email viruses.

Thanks,

Adam Goode
Co-Webmaster and Listadmin