ACT-R Visualisation tools

Roman Belavkin rvb at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Wed Jul 11 22:11:10 EDT 2001

I have placed into public domain a little program -- ACT-R Vision
(ACT-R Visualisation tools) -- which I created and have been using for
some time to debug my ACT-R models.  I know many of you are probably
using the official ACT-R Environment running it on Apple and Wintel
machines with Allegro Common Lisp etc, but perhaps some of you who are
running ACT-R on Unix / Linux with free CMU CL or CLISP may find my
little program useful.  The code can be downloaded here:

http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~rvb/lisp/ACT-R-Vision/ACT-R-Vision.lisp

or a tar ball:

http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~rvb/lisp/ACT-R-Vision/ACT-R-Vision.tar.gz

The program uses Garnet GUI library, so you will also need to install
and load Garnet to use ACT-R-Vision.  Load both Garnet and ACT-R
before loading ACT-R-Vision.lisp (you may also edit the appropriate
load commands in the code).

The program is rather simple and many tools I was thinking about have
not been implemented simply because of the lack of time, but still it
gives much more feedback about ACT-R model then typing commands in
Lisp evaluator.  So far I have tested the program on two Linux
machines and on SUN Sparcstation, all running CMU Common Lisp and
Garnet 3.0.  It seemed to run without problems, but I am sure there
will be many.  I welcome all comments and bug reports.

Sincerely,
Roman

Roman Belavkin
School of Computer Science and Information Technology
University of Nottingham
Jubilee Campus                                 Phone: (0115) 951-4247
Wollaton Road                               E-mail: rvb at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Nottingham NG8 1BB                     http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~rvb/