Request for cog. model evaluation ref's.

David Klahr klahr+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Nov 5 18:04:52 EST 1997

Excerpts from mail: 5-Nov-97 Request for cog. model eval.. by Eric
Scott at saturn.sdsu.e
>  So I'm interested in literature on the subject of evaluating
> the performance of cognitive models, especially with respect to
> the sequential predictions they make in comparison to the responses
> actually made by subjects. If anyone could share any leads, I'd be
> obliged.

See fig 6.8, Newell * Simon (72).  They did it the hard way.

At a more generic level (non-PS models) you might find the "rule
assessment" literature relevant.

See Siegler(81) SRCD monographs, 46 (2, #189)

Klahr & Robinson (81) cog psych, 13, 113-148

Fay & Klahr (96) Child development, 67, 689-716 (esp pp 707-709)

dk