[Soups-announce] EuroUSEC 2020 Second Submission Cycle

Sanchari Das sancdas at iu.edu
Tue May 19 19:41:29 EDT 2020

Hello,

The European Workshop on Usable Security (EuroUSEC) is a forum for research
and discussion in human-centered security and privacy. We know that the
worldwide COVID-19 situation has caused much stress and disruption. In
light of recent developments, we have rescheduled from June, and the
workshop will be held on September 7th, 2020, co-located with EuroS&P 2020
in Genova, Italy.

Due to the global pandemic and the workshop being rescheduled, we are
continuing to offer a second submission deadline that requires mandatory
paper registration by June 2nd, 2020, with paper submission by June 5th,
2020. The submission system <https://eusec20.cs.uchicago.edu/submit/> is
open for the June deadline.

We will accept both longer 10-page papers on mature/completed work in a
research track and shorter 6-page papers on work in progress (or work that
has yet to begin) on a vision track. This decision to accept both types of
submissions aims to include researchers at all stages of their careers and
all stages of their projects. These papers will receive decisions and
publications on the original schedule. The full call for papers is
available at https://eusec20.cs.uchicago.edu/#cfp.

The preprints of the 6 accepted papers from the first submission cycle are
available (with authors’ permission) on the EuroUSEC website (
https://eusec20.cs.uchicago.edu).

As with the organizers of most events, we are closely monitoring the
evolution of the pandemic. If the event is indeed held in person, we will
offer the opportunity for remote presentations and remote attendance. That
is, anyone who does not feel comfortable attending in person will be able
to attend virtually. If it becomes clear that it is infeasible to hold an
event in person, we would decide to hold a synchronous remote workshop on
the scheduled day. However, we have not yet made such a decision.

We would greatly appreciate it if you would pass this CFP and accompanying
updates to any colleagues whom you think might be interested.

Sincerely,

Blase Ur and Peter Mayer, EuroUSEC 2020 Co-Chairs

Maximilian Golla, Miranda Wei, and Sanchari Das, EuroUSEC 2020 Publicity
Co-Chairs