[Olympus developers 501]: Problem with parse_text.exe (Phoenix)

Naiara Perez naiara.pme at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 03:01:31 EST 2014

Dear Olympus developers,

I'm a Computational Linguistics student from Spain, and I'm trying to parse
with Phoenix the grammars I've written for a dialogue system. I am trying
to execute parse_text.exe but the following error occurs all the time, even
with the example grammars:

*/base.dic: can't open Grammar*
*/EX.netopen grammar file Grammar*

I have managed to compile my grammars successfully - I have my base.dic,
.net, _flat.gra, _abs.gra, etc -, but with Logios, not the script 'compile'
as the manual suggests, since the latter wouldn't be read (*'compile' is
not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or
batch file.*).
But, as said, there must be something I'm doing wrong in the parsing,
although I'm strictly sticking to the steps in the manual. Another strange
thing is that I have had to download cygwin in order to be able to run
parse_text.exe, but the manual says nothing about this.

I would be very grateful if someone could help.
Thanks in advance!

Naiara Perez