[Olympus developers 499]: Re: SystemBuild.pl Cannot Find Visual Studio When Building Tutorials

Amos Azaria amos.azaria at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:42:45 EST 2014

Hello,

I am seeming to have the exact same problem described by Natalie (below). I
managed to compile Olympus, but could not get any of the example to compile,
having Perl complaining about visual studio 2008 not installed (which of
course it is). I am using a windows 7 64-bit.

Another question: where can I find the source code for MyBus which appears
in the tutorials in the wiki-page? (it is not in the example-systems branch)

Thanks a lot,

Amos

Fri May 9 17:34:53 EDT 2014

Visual Studio When Building Tutorials

Hi,

I was able to successfully build the Olympus system by running
OlympusBuild.pl, so I downloaded the Olympus tutorials and example systems.
However, whenever I try to build any of the tutorials or example systems,
the build fails because the system cannot find Visual Studio.  I'm not sure
why this is the case, because it is able to find Visual Studio when running
OlympusBuild.pl, and it looks like SystemBuild.pl for each tutorial/example
system just calls the same OlympusBuild.pm module.  Why is this issue
occurring, and how can it be fixed?

I'm attaching both the successful build log from building the Olympus
system, and the unsuccessful build log from building the first tutorial.
I'm running everything using Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance for your help!