[Olympus developers 459]: Re: is this platform/community active ?

Nitin Dhawan nitin at imarketingadvantage.com
Wed Feb 19 06:34:57 EST 2014

Hi Alex

Thanks for your offer to help again.  I know this is something you would all
do just to support the community as goodwill. And it is surely not a very
active community. We have looked at how the whole system has evolved at CMU
and know that this is still one of the most promising open source systems to
work with.

We are in a critical phase. We are trying to build a system, but with
absence of any documentation and support, we are really struggling and it's
a bit frustrating.

I don't know how, but is it possible to get some support on this for the
next few days. We are in the process of building a very interesting pilot
system on Healthcare using advanced NLP and complex QA systems and the
dialog system is an important cog in the wheel.

The problems we are facing are

a.       How to get this to work in a more stable fashion. It seems that on
Windows 7/8 it is neither stable , nor scalable. We would like to explore
making different logical server work on different physical servers. Some of
them on Linux, where they are likely to be more stable.

b.      Get it to work with Telephony , Skype and Web

c.       Ensure that we are able to make it work for multiple simultaneous
sessions.

We are trying to get ourselves upto speed with the Galaxy Documentation
http://communicator.sourceforge.net/sites/MITRE/distributions/GalaxyCommunic
ator-4.0/docs/manual/ ,  but this may not answer all the questions and there
are practical challenges in putting everything together.

Regards

Nitin