[Olympus developers 430]: Documentation for the MeetingLine and RoomLine Systems

Aitzaz Ahmad aitzaz.ahmad at kics.edu.pk
Fri Nov 29 02:03:13 EST 2013

Hi,
     Are there any design documents available for the any of the example
systems available at the institute? The MeetingLine system would be the
best as it is a small example system. I want to see the design and the
program flow in particular to analyze the system. Right now I'm planning to
strip down the entire system and start of by integrating the TTS with the
hub for starters. I want to integrate the Urdu TTS that we've made using
Festival. The idea is to make a small "Hello World" kind of application
where the hub will be passed a message or a sentence as an input and it
would route the input text to the synthesizer for synthesizing audio output.
With the current level of available documentation of the available systems,
I'm finding it pretty hard to do. Besides the tutorials on the wiki page
aren't that helpful as well as they do not tell you how to integrate the
whole system from scratch (that is making and interfacing each module with
the galaxy hub). Our motivation is to use Olympus and plug in our own
Speech Recognition and Synthesis modules instead of yours (apart from the
other obvious domain specific changes required) to make a spoken dialogue
system for Urdu.
However, at the prototyping stage and to present initial demos to at our
facility I need to start off with the first step that I've mentioned in the
first paragraph of this email. Any help would be greatly appreciated
because I haven't been able to come up with any piece of documentation as
comprehensive as that for the Galaxy Communicator (but it doesn't work for
windows unfortunately!).

Aitzaz Ahmad