[Olympus developers 346]: Re: problems with Tutorial 1 and 2

Alex Rudnicky Alex.Rudnicky at cs.cmu.edu
Sat May 12 18:36:58 EDT 2012

Your recognition is very poor and rather degenerate (the same words keep showing up). This usually means that the stuff getting to the decoder is corrupted in some way (though a bad language model might also do it). The things to check include:

1) is the input through the mic that you intended? (ie, headset or bezel; headset is more reliable.)
2) is the sampling rate correct?
3) is the signal too loud/soft?

I would probably use Audacity on one of the logged waveforms to make sure that the signal looks ok. Check both waveform for amplitude (clipping is particularly harmful) and spectrum (it should be reasonably noise-free and match the nominal bandwidth of your acoustic models).

Alex