[Olympus developers 324]: questions on building Ravenclaw/Olympus

Tetyana Sydorenko tsydorenko at pdx.edu
Tue Apr 3 13:14:16 EDT 2012

Dear Developers,

I would like to test the Olympus/Ravenclaw system and try to build my
own dialog system (short conversations/roleplays on narrowly-defined
scenarios). A person who has some experience with dialog systems
(Keelan Evanini, works at the Educational Testing Service (ETS)) has
suggested that I try Olympus/Ravenclaw.

I carefully read the information on the following webpage:

http://wiki.speech.cs.cmu.edu/olympus/index.php/Download

However, I am not a computer scientist, and while I have a good
general understanding of computers for a lay person, I am not quite
sure how to approach the task of downloading the various components
and building the system even with the explicit instructions on the
above webpage.

I will be working in the Windows 7 OS. I was wondering if you have by
any chance a compilation of all the necessary components so that I can
download them all at once (perhaps a .zip file or some other format).
And I was also wondering if I could talk to someone on the phone who
could perhaps walk me through the installation and building process.

I REALLY appreciate your help and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Tetyana

---

Tetyana Sydorenko, Ph.D.