[Olympus developers 274]: Olympus Issue: OlympusBuild.pm

Conley, Christopher Harold chconley at WPI.EDU
Mon Jan 10 22:40:08 EST 2011

Hello,

My name is Christopher Conley and I am a student and Worcester Polytechnic Institute. I am currently having issues building and installing Olympus. Any guidance you could provide would be most appreciated! I have all of the required prerequisites installed and the installation runs up until these errors below:

Here is the compiler output:

1>------ Build started: Project: DTMFEngine, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

2>------ Build started: Project: Kalliope, Configuration: SAPIRelease Win32 ------

2>Compiling...

1>Linking...

2>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release

2>sock.c

1>dtmfdecoder.lib(DTMFDecoder.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___E__pr_warn referenced in function _dtmf_uttproc_end

1>dtmfdecoder.lib(DTMFDecoder.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___E__pr_header referenced in function _dtmf_uttproc_end

1>Release\DTMFEngine.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Talkie\olympus\Agents\MultiDecoder\DTMFEngine\Release\BuildLog.htm"

1>DTMFEngine - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

2>.\sock.c : error C2471: cannot update program database 'c:\talkie\olympus\agents\kalliope\sapirelease\vc90.pdb'

2>.\sock.c(385) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation

2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Talkie\olympus\Agents\Kalliope\SAPIRelease\BuildLog.htm"

2>Kalliope - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 22 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

The version of VS2008 I am running is Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition v9.0.21022.8 RTM

One thing I need mention: I had to make some small changes to the OlympusBuild.pm file in order for it to execute. There were some pathing issues when it attempted to locate the install directory for Visual Studio 2008 (the 'InstallDir' registry entry doesn't exist- I went over my registry with a fine tooth comb) so I had to manually path it out within the file, and there was another pathing issue with the SAPI samples directory. I am attaching my modified version of OlympusBuild.pm (both subroutines that I changed are commented) for you as well.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Christopher H. Conley
chconley at wpi.edu<mailto:chconley at wpi.edu>