[Olympus developers 266]: Re: speech level ("volume")

Antoine Raux antoine.raux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 16:57:46 EST 2010

Yeah you got it right. The VAD assumes that the incoming audio is a
mixture of background noise and speech so it looks for two peeks of the
histogram, the lowest (quietest) one is noise, the highest is speech. So
fSpeechLevel should be a good estimate of how loud the system hears the
user (which is related to how loud they speak, how close they are to
their phone, what phone they are using....).

antoine